Thanks to Justin for sorting out pizza & drinks. We had some trouble with the sound on webex, but here's a video recording of the session. It's pretty useless as the pen doesn't show up well on the whiteboard - we will get better. On reviewing, I note that I was perhaps a little too dismissive about the "formula" approach of problem solving. If you do it right, it will give the correct answers. My problems with it are a) that you have to remember a lot of formulas, and where each of them is appropriate, b) that it doesn't really provide you with an understanding of the underlying geometry of the problem. I recommend that, where you know the formulas, you calculate things both using the "step along" approach as well as the formula, and compare your answers.
Here is an updated curriculum + some clinical problems for you to solve (in red) before we meet on Wednesday 11am. I would also like you to review what i covered in the first lecture (January) & tell me what you need clarification on.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We (Chris and I, and the nice lady from Webex) had trouble getting the sound to work, but here is a video recording of the session.
I have updated the course content file with a clinical problem for you to solve, and questions posted by Chloe. In future, please use the comment tool here to post questions etc. This way everyone can see them.
Excellent work on this. The lecture went well and Im looking forward to the next sessions.
Ken
Post a Comment